Saturday 19 December 2015

YOU MAKE YOUR STYLE, NOT YOUR CLOTHES

Beautiful women embracing the style they LOVE





Fashion, trends & personal style has always played a massive part in my life. Ive never worked in fashion but yet its been with me through everything. I guess I love fashion because I feel like its an extension of myself, I feel comfortable & at home when I'm in my favourite clothes or one of my many favourite outfits, I feel like I've accomplished something after I've put together a great new outfit from clothes I've already got sitting in my wardrobe. 

I think what makes me stare & really notice a complete stranger walking past is how their wearing there clothes, how their carrying themselves & showing off there own personal style, no matter if there style is some thing I wouldn't necessarily like, I'm drawn to their confidence which makes me look at what their wearing. I can recognise that this is their daily look, their not afraid to embrace it nor care what people may think, I absolutely love that & wish I could take a few pages from their book. I do wear whatever I want & my style is all mine, I don't tend to be a huge trend follower, I just like certain pieces for no other reason then love & not because there trending right now but I do care what people think to a certain extent.  I see many different girls or some times guys walking down the street or around the mall with an amazing outfit on which I am straight away attracted to, but their looking quiet awkward, like some one else has dressed them today, or this is the first time they've dressed in this particular style & they are just not comfortable with themselves & their clothes. So I think everyone should just embrace there own personal look, if you feel most comfortable in a  hoodie & your favourite jeans that you've had for 10 years, I say wear them!! ROCK them!! You look most attractive when your comfortable. So be yourself.

When I first met my partner Alex, we met at a local bar in Newmarket, it was across from my former work place. We met straight after I finished work so I was still in my work clothes, as a former hairdresser I was still able to embrace my personal style everyday which was awesome. I had on a chiffon loose fitted dress with a lonely hearts bra peaking through, a red rosed kimono & boots, he had on a surfy casual blue T-shirt, three quarter frayed denim shorts & a cap on. I was a little stunned that he showed up to our first date so casual  & a little offended that he had put no effort in to at least trying to make a good impression. He later admitted that he thought I was very dressed up, to this day 1 year & a half later, were exactly the same. My point is that we were both comfortable in our own style which led us to having a PERFECT first date & a beautiful relationship ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment