Monday 28 December 2015

TIS THE SEASON

Merry Christmas everyone !! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day, got spoilt & are now enjoying your holidays.








I spent my Christmas with my family, we didn't have the whole family round this year, every ones moved & got there own little families now so it was just the immediate family this year, it was still great. I made my legendary seafood salad that was a usual hit, whilst my nan prepared everything else. My nan has an amazing house, she lives in New Lynn about 5 minutes from the mall & the main shops but her back yard looks like your somewhere up north, she has 1 cheeky fat lamb & 3 chickens. It felt like we were on a little vacation in Opononi, its always lovely spending the day there. We all ate a lot of food & watched the younger kids open there presents then ate again then had some dessert. That's what Christmas is to my family, all about good food & a lot of it and of course family. There was even enough for everyone to have a huge plate to take home, I LOVE snacking on Christmas food the next day, & my partner spent the day with his family so we had two different Christmas meals to enjoy. Delicious.

Instead of spending boxing day the usual way getting pushed & pulled around the busy Auckland malls my partner & I decided to spend it in the sun, we went on a amazing bush walk with our best friend Franky. It was beautiful, but we'll definitely be catching up with the New Years sales late this week. I cant say it didn't kill me seeing all the adverts of all the sales on TV.

Also we managed to squeeze in a movie date to watch my partners favourite movie of 2015, Starwars. Ive never been much of a fan myself but we rented all 6 DVDs just so I can get into all the excitement of the new movie that came out. To be honest the first 3 Starwars movies were terribly boring!! The graphics were shocking, & It did NOT make me want to watch anymore let alone pay to go to the cinemas. I actually really enjoyed the new movie, it just shows how much we have up graded with technology from the first movie to now 2015.

I hope your all enjoying the festive season & hope you all get to spend it with people you love. New Years is coming up now, until then, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment